This book is useful for Bank (P.O/Clerk), C.D.S, N.D.A, SCRA, CAT, MAT, MBA, BBA, MCA, BCA, IGNOU, SSC–CGL, LDC, Data Operator, Multitasking; UPSC, P.C.S, Tax Assistant, Income Tax & Excise Inspector, Stenographer, Translator, Railways, C.P.O, B.Ed Entrance, Commercial Auditor, Section Officer, IIIT, JNU Entrance, LIC (AAO), GIC, NTPC, BSNL, SAIL, BHEL, DVC, NHPC, TGT, PGT, State Police, CISF Exam.
Lucent's General English
Comprehensive and Simple Book
New Pattern of Competitive/Board Examination
- Publication:- Lucent Publications
- Author:- A. K. Thakur
- Type:- Objective General English
- Subject:- General English
- Language:- English
- Edition:- 4th 2015
- Price:- Rs.300/- (Pages 554)
- Discount Offer Price:- Rs.270/- (+ shipping charges)
The Subject matter of this book is comprehensive and simple. Even an average student will find no difficulty in understanding the various Topics-Syntax (Subject-verb-Agreement/concord), Articles, Noun, Noun and the number, Noun and the Gender, Noun and Case, Pronoun, Adjective, Interchange of degrees of Comparison, Determiners, Time and Tense, Sequence of Tense, Narration (Reported Speech/Direct and Indirect Speech), Voice (Active & Passive Voice), Removal of ‘Too’, Verb, Verb form, Auxiliary & Modal verbs, Adverb, Preposition, Correct uses of words with Preposition, Conjunction, Combination of Sentences, Non-finites, Question Tags, Emphatic with do/does/did, Common Error, Correction of the sentences, Transformation of Sentences-I (Interchange of Affirmative and Negative Sentences, Interchange of Interrogative and Assertive Sentences, Interchange of Exclamatory and Assertive Sentences), Analysis of Sentences (Clause), Transformation of Sentences-II (Conversion of Simple, Compound and Complex Sentences), Synthesis of Sentences (Combination of Sentences), Conditional Sentences, Punctuation, Figure of Speech, Synonyms, Antonyms, one word substitution, Phrasal Verbs, Words often Confused, Idioms & Phrases, Proverbs, Foreign words and Phrases, Spelling Test, Miscellaneous–(Young ones of animals and birds, Special meaning of the names of animals, places where things are made, places where persons/things/animals etc are kept, sounds of birds, animals and Insects, pair of words), The same word used as different parts of speech.
According to the new pattern of competitive/Board Examination, The questions have been arranged and framed with answers.
The author has also tried to present this book in new style and stepwise directions which will help the students to understand the topics easily and also help them to qualify in the Competitive/Board examinations.
Table Of Contents
- Noun and the Number
- Noun and the Gender
- Noun and the Case
- Interchange of degrees of comparison
- Time and Tense
- Removal of Too
- Verb Form
- Auxiliary Verbs
- Question Tags
- Emphatic with Do/Does/Did
- Common Error
- Correction of the Sentences
- Transformation of Sentences-I
- Analysis of Sentences
- Transformation of Sentences-II
- Synthesis of Sentences.
- One Word Substitution
- Phrasal Verbs
- Words Often Confused
- Idioms and Phrases
- Foreign Words and Phrases
- Spelling Test
- The Same word used as Different Parts of Speech
- Sorry, but we do not have Cash On Delivery [COD] Service for order below Rs.5000/-* (T&C Apply)
- If you didn't find any required book(s) / products', Please E-mail us the details we will make it available for you.
- BULK order discount available for School, college, Library, coaching classes, teachers, offices & suppliers.
- All Products at ShriLaxmiStores.com are Brand New, 100% Genuine and Come with Manufacturer's warranty wherever applicable.
- If you found any discrepancy (due to typing error etc.) in product details/images etc., Please Send E-mail & we will correct it on priority basis.