Educational Pen Drive- Memory Card (Online Learning Products)
School, College, Engineering, Medical, Degree, Diploma, CA, Law, Railway, Bank, MPSC, UPSC etc. ALL Competitive Exam Book & Guides
Office & Computer Stationery, Drawing, Painting & Craft Hobby Materials Online
Year At Your Service === We Have No Branch ===
This hallmark text is an ideal offering for the course on Internal Combustion Engines. This revised edition offers complete coverage of the fundamental concepts and design aspects by using simple language, self-explanatory sketches and the emerging trends in the field of I C Engines.
Internal Combustion Engines 4th Edition
For the UG, B.Tech 4th Semester, 5th Semester, 4th Year
For Mechanical Engineering Exams
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education India Pvt.Ltd - New Delhi
- Language: English
- Writer: V Ganesan
- Book Type: UG, B.Tech
- Exam: Mechanical Engineering
- Subject: Advanced I.C Engine, Internal Combustion Engines (4th, 5th Semester, 4th Year)
- ISBN 13 digit: 978-1-25-900619-7
- ISBN 10 digit: 1-25-900619-0
- Print: 6th Print- 2014
- Price: Rs. 599/- (Pages 768)
- Measurement and testing of engines explained with modern techniques using computers, mathematical modeling and electronic instrumentation.
- Design of engines based on environmental and fuel economy standards.
- New Chapter on - 'Non Conventional Engines' covering various types of engines â€“ CRDI, GDI, Lean Burn, Stirling, Stratified, Wankel, etc.
- Enhanced coverage of Alternate Fuels & Supercharging.
- SAE Rating of Lubricants now covered
Rich pedagogy of :
Solved Examples : 110
Numerical Problems : 136
Theory Review Questions : 330
Objective type questions :264
The present day engines have to satisfy the strict environmental constraints and fuel economy standards in addition to meeting the competitiveness of the world market. Today, the IC engine has synthesized the basic knowledge of many disciplines — thermodynamics, fluid flow, combustion, chemical kinetics and heat transfer as applied to a system with both spatial and temporal variations in a state of non-equilibrium. With the availability of sophisticated computers, art of multi-dimensional mathematical modelling and electronic instrumentation have added new refinements to the engine design.
This book has been written to throw light on the basic principles and applications of IC Engines. The author has been successful in explaining topics right from the fundamentals so that even a beginner can understand the exposition. The book includes a large number of typical worked out examples and several illustrative figures for an easier understanding of the subject. Exercises have also been provided in chapters so that inquisitive students may solve these problems and compare with the answers given.
This Online Learning Center is designed to enhance your learning experience. It provides a broad array of resources that will benefit both the instructors and students. Visit the Information Center to unravel the book's features.
The Student’s Center contains a sample chapter (Chapter 14 - Engine Emissions & Their Control) and Nomenclature from the book. A glance through the sample chapter will give the flavour of the book.
The Instructor’s Center provides instructors with Solutions to Practice Problems, and chapter-wise PowerPoint Slides.
This part of the site is password protected and will be available only to the instructors who adopt the book.
This site will evolve over time and we would be able to provide you with a wide range of resources that are currently under development.
Table Of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Air-Standard Cycles and Their Analysis
Chapter 3 Fuel - Air Cycles and their Analysis
Chapter 4 Actual Cycles and their Analysis
Chapter 5 Conventional Fuels
Chapter 6 Alternate Fuels
Chapter 7 Carburetion
Chapter 8 Mechanical Injection Systems
Chapter 9 Electronic Injection Systems
Chapter 10 Ignition
Chapter 11 Combustion and Combustion Chambers
Chapter 12 Engine Friction and Lubrication
Chapter 13 Heat Rejection and Cooling
Chapter 14 Engine Emissions and Their Control
Chapter 15 Measurements and Testing
Chapter 16 Performance Parameters and Characteristics
Chapter 17 Engine Electronics
Chapter 18 Supercharging
Chapter 19 Two-Stroke Engines
Chapter 20 Nonconventional Engines
- After Advance Payment of Order Amount (Shipping Charges Applicable) we will ship your order within 2-3 working days.
- Cash on Delivery for Minimum Rs.5000/- order only. (T&C Apply)
- If you didn't find any required book(s) / products', Please mail us the details we will make it available for you.
- BULK order discount available for School, college, coaching classes, teachers, offices & suppliers.
- All Products at ShriLaxmiStores.com are Brand New, 100% Genuine and Come with Manufacturer's warranty wherever applicable.
All rights reserved
Images are Indicative only. The product images may have some differences compare to actual products.
All WARRANTY at / by Manufacturer/Service Center ONLY
Products and services offered for sale or advertised, and other information found on this website, may be the products, services and information of third parties/brand owner. If you purchase third party products and services, your legal relationship will be with the third party supplier and not us.